Kwadwo Poku loving it at the Seniors team
Posted on: Thu Aug 23, 2012
Former youth side kingpin, Kwadwo Poku was recently promoted to the senior's side has told this paper that he is having a good time at his new side.
Kwadwo is in camp with the team in Adukrom and he has been warming himself into finding a strong footing in the team.
He says much as the pre-season exercise is a bit tough he expected that and so is not worried or pressured.
"This is pre-season training and everything is done to get players in shape. I have been watching videos of pre-season exercises of some European clubs and it made me prepare my mind for the tough work ahead. It has been tough but at the end of it all, it will get me into the right fitness for the season and so I have to endure and wait for the results".
On the welfare in camp, he described it as a good one where everything has been rolled out for them to get the peace of mind to perform.
"Our dieting has been properly taken care of. Moreover, it’s a serene environment and that also gives us enough time to rest our bodies after the hard day's work".
The number of players recruited into the team and that of the existing players make it a tough and fierce competition for playing time, but Kwadwo says he is ready for the challenge.
"Competition is good and I love to be competitive. I will put up a good fight for a spot through my performance. I will leave the rest to the coaches and wait for the opportunity to play .I am getting myself in shape and even though I am ready to play any match anytime, I will continue to learn and take instructions from my coaches and pray for the accompanying luck to shine," he added.
By David Kyei, Adukrom
- 2015-07-05 16:23:53 - Toure misses penalty to spare Medeama
- 2015-07-03 23:01:35 - Kotoko vow to break Medeama at Tarkwa
- 2015-07-03 22:55:11 - Report: Players vow to win other trophies
- 2015-07-02 07:20:09 - Abeiku not out of the season - Dr. Boateng
- 2015-07-01 13:00:13 - President's Cup: Kotoko lose 5-4 on penalties
- 2015-06-28 12:17:16 - We made things difficult for ourselves – Duncan
- 2015-06-28 10:48:32 - Duada, Toure goals give Kotoko 2-1 win
- 2015-06-28 01:54:13 - Kotoko motivated to beat Bechem United
- 2015-06-27 00:46:45 - Donkor relishes double win over Bechem Utd
- 2015-06-27 00:37:37 - Jordan Opoku: I feel supporters’ pain