Nii Adjei still with Kotoko
Posted on: Thu Jul 26, 2012
Kotoko management are bent on renewing mitdfielder, Daniel Nii Adjei’s contract, for which reason they are set to again meet him, contrary to media reports that the 2011/2012 Glo Premier League Best Player, has rejected Kotoko’s offer for a two-year contract renewal.
Nii Adji, who joined Kotoko six seasons ago was reported in a section of the media to have rejected an offer put forward by management for a contract extension but Kotoko Express checks with him and management, revealed that the media reports about his future with Kotoko are untrue.
Nii Adjei met management three weeks ago and he has another meeting with them to make his response known. The player hinted Kotoko Express of his possible meeting with management in the coming days maintaining that the media reports about him are not true.
Public and Supporters Relations Manager, Listowell Yesu Bukarson in an interview confirmed the player’s disclosure. He said they were yet to meet Nii Adjei again on his contract issue. “At our last meeting, which I will describe as fruitful, we gave him an offer. It was proper that we allowed him some time to study it and come back to us. We are yet to meet again” he said.
Listowell revealed that in a bid to maintain Nii Adjei, management has initiated moves to seek personal player sponsorship to take care of his salary and that of other players meaning their salaries could see a significant upward adjustment when the sponsorship deals are sealed.
He further disclosed that so far management have two offers on the table regarding the personal player sponsorship adding that nothing would deter them from getting the best for Nii Adjei. Listowell also confirmed that there was still some money left to be paid to Nii Adjei.
“That is true, however, it must be understood that his contract has not expired. We are within the time stated in his contract to clear the outstanding contract fee. It is not as if we owe him and we do not want to pay. He therefore urged Kotoko fans to remain calm.
- 2013-12-13 00:54:44 - Opoku Nti was given 3-month mandate
- 2013-12-12 23:25:24 - Money zone is Kotoko’s initial target
- 2013-12-12 23:21:00 - Issah Yakubu rallies for good finish
- 2013-12-12 23:11:38 - Save Adako Jachie Projects from destruction
- 2013-12-12 23:05:38 - Mpong reckons Dwarfs won’t be pushovers
- 2013-12-12 22:51:09 - Editorial: No favours for Dwarfs
- 2013-12-11 23:12:59 - Meet Kotoko’s four new recruits
- 2013-12-10 20:16:49 - Sammy Kuffour wants media to be circumspect on Kotoko
- 2013-12-10 20:06:38 - NCC draws close to elections
- 2013-12-10 19:58:37 - Prince Baffoe calls for more support at matches