No decision taken on Kotoko transfers – Listowell
Posted on: Thu Jul 26, 2012
No definite decision has been taken on which players are likely to leave Kumasi Asante Kotoko ahead of next season and this is official.
Some media reports late last week suggested that management had listed a number of players namely goalkeeper Isaac Amoako, Afranie Yeboah, Stephen Oduro and Frank Boateng as some of the players whose services will not be needed next season.
However, speaking in an interview with Kotoko Express, Public and Supporters Relations Manager, Listowell Yesu Bukarson flatly denied those reports insisting that the leadership of the club has not taken any decision regarding players who will be transferred. He questioned why the club will name players for transfer when it has not secured its targeted players on the market.
“Why would we do that? Why would we do such a thing? We have taken absolutely no decision. Our supporters should not panic. They should remain calm. We have not said anything on transfer, who is leaving and who is staying. I want to assure them that we will not say anything until we are clear in mind over who we want to sign” said Listowell.
Kotoko Express checks with some of the supposed transfer-listed players revealed something interesting as goalkeeper, Isaac Amoako and Afranie Yeboah were for instance gearing up for their medical examination. In fact, rugged midfielder, Afranie Yeboah had as of press time, gone for his examination and was brimming with confidence when Kotoko Express got back to him.
Isaac Amoako’s examination was expected to come on yesterday. “I contacted the team doctor. He however informed me that I will have mine on Thursday” said the experienced goalie.
Listowell Bukarson reiterated his call on supporters of the club not to be deceived by any false media report. “I insist that management has not taken any decision concerning transfers. Recently, we made our position clear on that issue. I repeat that management will disclose news on transfers to our supporters and the general public when the decision is taken”.
By: Jerome Otchere
- 2013-12-09 22:00:25 - Adu Gyamfi urges media to respect confidentiality
- 2013-12-09 21:56:42 - Didi applauds players’ tactical response
- 2013-12-09 21:44:59 - Seidu Bancey in top scoring form
- 2013-12-09 21:35:14 - Editorial: Kotoko now in cruise control
- 2013-12-09 21:29:37 - Kotoko register 26 players for Africa
- 2013-12-09 11:34:28 - Board inaugurates Africa Committee
- 2013-12-08 23:59:59 - Match Report: How Kotoko reduced Medeama to nothing
- 2013-12-08 11:05:23 - Kotoko pummel Medeama 4-1
- 2013-12-08 02:54:07 - Kotoko to smash Medeama's away record
- 2013-12-08 02:15:21 - Agbovi to handle Kotoko-Medeama duel