Kotoko to tour Eastern Region next month
Posted on: Mon Jul 16, 2012
Fans of Kumasi Asante Kotoko in the Eastern Region will have the chance to watch the current and newly signed players of the club in action, when the committee tasked to plan the club’s domestic league title defence and participation in next year’s Confederation of African Football (CAF) Champions League, leads the team to play friendly matches next month.
Kotoko’s pre-season camping is scheduled to take place at Adukrom in the Eastern Region.
The team will play three trial matches in the regional capital, Koforidua and Nkawkaw before returning to Kumasi.
Supporters in Kumasi will thus have their fair share of the pre-season matches but before then, those in Accra will as well be entertained by the team in a crack game.
Kotoko’s Africa Campaign Committee (KACC) announced this after their meeting with the Head of the Technical team, Maxwell Konadu in Accra.
Briefing Kotoko Express, Chairman of the KACC, Jerry Asare, disclosed that the matches form part of his committee’s plans to build a formidable team for the defence of the domestic league title and participation in the CAF Champions League.
The team is currently on a four-week break. They are expected to resume training sessions in August. When they return, they will trek to the tranquil environment of Adukrom before their matches at Koforidua and Nkawkaw will follow.
Jerry Asare disclosed that two of the three matches in the Eastern Region will be at Koforidua with the third game slated for Nkawkaw.
Dates for these matches were not available since the technical team, the committee and management are still planning the pre-season programme. However, Kotoko Express authoritatively gathered that the matches at Koforidua will be against Istanbul FC and a formidable Select Side whereas the clash at Nkawkaw will be against Okwawu United.
The game in Accra will be against Pure Joy FC but the opponent in the Kumasi match that will come two days after the inaugural meeting of the KACC with the Ghanaian media on August 17 at Miklin Hotel, Kumasi was not immediately known.
Meanwhile, the technical team has announced that the club’s Reserve team will start training at Adako Jachie on July 20.
- 2013-12-10 20:16:49 - Sammy Kuffour wants media to be circumspect on Kotoko
- 2013-12-10 20:06:38 - NCC draws close to elections
- 2013-12-10 19:58:37 - Prince Baffoe calls for more support at matches
- 2013-12-09 22:00:25 - Adu Gyamfi urges media to respect confidentiality
- 2013-12-09 21:56:42 - Didi applauds players’ tactical response
- 2013-12-09 21:44:59 - Seidu Bancey in top scoring form
- 2013-12-09 21:35:14 - Editorial: Kotoko now in cruise control
- 2013-12-09 21:29:37 - Kotoko register 26 players for Africa
- 2013-12-09 11:34:28 - Board inaugurates Africa Committee
- 2013-12-08 23:59:59 - Match Report: How Kotoko reduced Medeama to nothing