Bekoe, Uriah for Kotoko next season
Posted on: Fri Jun 29, 2012
The management of Kotoko has confirmed to Kotoko Express that they have opened talks with striker Eric Bekoe and former Hearts of Oak player, Uriah Asante with the aim of signing the two gifted players for next season.
Public and Supporters Relations Manager, Listowell Yesu Bukarson in an interview with Kotoko Express on Wednesday said they have been talking to Eric Bekoe who was the club and in fact the league’s top scorer in the 2007/2008 season.
Aside striker Eric Bekoe whose contract with the Egyptian club, Petrojet has been terminated and is consequently keen on playing for Kotoko, Uriah Asante, a player of Purejoy FC who was loaned to Accra Hearts of Oak is also on his way to Kotoko.
“We have been talking to Eric Bekoe and he has told has that his contract with Petrojet of Egypt has been terminated. We have therefore asked him to provide evidence of that to formally open negotiation” said the club’s spokesman. “Uriah Asante was loaned to Hearts of Oak but his loan spell is over so he reverts to Purejoy FC and we will secure him” added Listowell.
Since the 2011/2012 Glo Premier League ended, there have been reports over which players are likely to join Kotoko for next season and those who could leave the club as well. Management in the face of those reports issued a statement denying all media reports relative to a so-called list containing names of players who have been put on transfer and those likely to be signed on.
Apart from urging supporters to treat that transfer list with the contempt it deserves, the statement also gave the assurance that management would promptly inform the general public anytime it made any significant move concerning player transfer and recruitment for next season.
- 2013-12-13 00:54:44 - Opoku Nti was given 3-month mandate
- 2013-12-12 23:25:24 - Money zone is Kotoko’s initial target
- 2013-12-12 23:21:00 - Issah Yakubu rallies for good finish
- 2013-12-12 23:11:38 - Save Adako Jachie Projects from destruction
- 2013-12-12 23:05:38 - Mpong reckons Dwarfs won’t be pushovers
- 2013-12-12 22:51:09 - Editorial: No favours for Dwarfs
- 2013-12-11 23:12:59 - Meet Kotoko’s four new recruits
- 2013-12-10 20:16:49 - Sammy Kuffour wants media to be circumspect on Kotoko
- 2013-12-10 20:06:38 - NCC draws close to elections
- 2013-12-10 19:58:37 - Prince Baffoe calls for more support at matches