Baba Rahman disappointed by award miss
Posted on: Tue Jun 19, 2012
Young and enterprising defender, Baba Abdul Rahman, has told this paper that he feels disappointed by his inability to win the cherished award of the Most Promising Player of the 2011/12 season.
Right from the announcement of Joshua Oniku of Tema Youth for the award, Rahman was seen not to be of himself again and that mood weighed on to right after the ceremony when he shared his disappointment with Kotoko Express.
"To be frank with you, I am disappointed because I know I had a wonderful season and also contributed greatly towards Kotoko's league triumph".
"I do not want to fault anyone for the situation I find myself in, but I believe a little diligence and study on the part of the awards committee would have brought about a different result. However, they have the final say and so if they say I could not convince them with my performance, I will only move on and hope for the better in the future".
Having almost concluded negotiations with a German side for his transfer to the club later this month, it is assumed that he needed to have the award to shoal up his marketability, but he insists that was not the case.
"I don't believe that award would have added any more to my asking fee because everything had been agreed on and signed before that ceremony".
"That notwithstanding, I feel bad that I did not win. In any case, that belongs to history now, so what is left is for me to be in the best of shapes for the new challenge I have on my hands"
"My stay at Kotoko has been an exciting one and I thank all who contributed to my success here. Remain a true son of the club and my heart will always be with the club wherever I find myself".
"I thank the fans for their wonderful support and pray on God to bless them mightily".
- 2013-12-13 00:54:44 - Opoku Nti was given 3-month mandate
- 2013-12-12 23:25:24 - Money zone is Kotoko’s initial target
- 2013-12-12 23:21:00 - Issah Yakubu rallies for good finish
- 2013-12-12 23:11:38 - Save Adako Jachie Projects from destruction
- 2013-12-12 23:05:38 - Mpong reckons Dwarfs won’t be pushovers
- 2013-12-12 22:51:09 - Editorial: No favours for Dwarfs
- 2013-12-11 23:12:59 - Meet Kotoko’s four new recruits
- 2013-12-10 20:16:49 - Sammy Kuffour wants media to be circumspect on Kotoko
- 2013-12-10 20:06:38 - NCC draws close to elections
- 2013-12-10 19:58:37 - Prince Baffoe calls for more support at matches