Kotoko display league trophy in a float
Posted on: Mon Jun 04, 2012
The people of Kumasi were last Thursday given a rare chance to have a glance at the 2011/12 Premier League trophy as it was driven through town on a float.
Though the float was not part of the original plan for the day, it was successful that organizers of the soon to be launched nationwide trophy tour are considering a float as an integral part of the programme to celebrate Kotoko's 21st league triumph.
Kotoko had had a successful contract signing ceremony with Budget Cash and Carry, the distributors of Blue Jeans and Dockers Energy Drinks at the club's Odeneho Kwadaso secretariat after which the team was to go to the Manhyia Palace to present the league trophy to Otumfuo Osei Tutu II as he sat in state at the Asanteman Council Meeting.
With fans ready to follow the trophy, management decided to have all those going to Manhyia Palace to drive in a convoy and before one could say jack, the convoy had blown into a float.
With Mohammed Awal, Nii Adjei and Isaac Amoako hoisting the trophy high atop a cross country Hummer, the convoy drove through Santasi roundabout, Dakwadwom, Nhyiaeso up to the Prempeh II street, to Asafo Interchange through Amakom roundabout, Akwatialine, Zongo and then to the Manhyia Palace.
Throughout the float, fans who were lucky to be in the convoy could be seen happily pointing at the trophy whilst shouted the Fabulous mantra aloud in joy.
Reception at the Manhyia Palace was another beautiful sight to behold as many of the paramount chiefs took advantage of the absence of the Otumfuo who was yet to sit in state to take photos with the trophy.
A tentative programme is being drawn to take the trophy on a nationwide tour and so fans are urged to be on the lookout as the 2011/12 league trophy will soon be coming to the regional capitals.
- 2013-06-19 01:01:11 - Kotoko-Sunderland relationship deepens
- 2013-06-18 12:48:15 - Youth team to visit Sunderland in August
- 2013-06-18 11:19:54 - Supporters welcome opportunity to select Best Player
- 2013-06-18 11:13:06 - The PLB’s outmoded play-off gimmick
- 2013-06-18 11:09:38 - Godfred Asante upbeat about upcoming fixtures
- 2013-06-18 11:03:59 - Q & A with Amos Frimpong
- 2013-06-18 10:48:47 - Kotoko-Gold Stars match report
- 2013-06-14 14:04:10 - Confident Black Stars to beat Lesotho again
- 2013-06-14 13:46:14 - Aziz eyes first ever medal
- 2013-06-14 13:41:07 - Ben Adama excited by Kotoko stint