Kotoko to get Artificial training pitch
Posted on: Mon Jun 04, 2012
Fabulous Asante Kotoko SC is on its way to become the first premiership side to own her own artificial training turf to aid them in their preparation for matches to be played on such pitches.
This was announced by the Executive Chairman, Dr. K.K. Sarpong during the signing ceremony of the sponsorship package by Budget Cash and Carry, the sole distributors of Blue Jeans and Dockers Energy Drinks in Ghana.
He says construction of the pitch came up in the discussion and negotiation towards the final sponsorship agreement.
“During our discussions, we made all our plans known to the team from Budget Cash and Carry and they being pleased with our vision decided to take up the artificial pitch component of the Adako Jachie project”.
“The project will be done in the second year of the sponsorship contract and the pitch when completed, shall be called “The Blue Jeans Pitch. This artificial pitch will go a long way to help in the training of our players for away matches that would be played on such turfs” Dr. Sarpong added.
- 2013-12-09 11:34:28 - Board inaugurates Africa Committee
- 2013-12-08 23:59:59 - Match Report: How Kotoko reduced Medeama to nothing
- 2013-12-08 11:05:23 - Kotoko pummel Medeama 4-1
- 2013-12-08 02:54:07 - Kotoko to smash Medeama's away record
- 2013-12-08 02:15:21 - Agbovi to handle Kotoko-Medeama duel
- 2013-12-08 01:34:58 - Ghana face USA in first match at Brazil 2014
- 2013-12-06 22:45:45 - Opinion: Kotoko’s enemy is within
- 2013-12-06 22:39:04 - Medeama’s unbeaten away run in danger
- 2013-12-06 22:26:43 - Editorial: Let’s fill Baba Yara Stadium to capacity
- 2013-12-06 22:22:04 - Akuffu motivated to work hard