Pre-season programme to start in South Africa
Posted on: Sat Jun 02, 2012
Barely a week after being crowned Champions of the 2011/2012 Glo Premier League, management has disclosed to Kotoko Express that the club’s programme for next season would start in South Africa, where the club is expected to participate in a four-club tournament in honour of the southern African country’s revered leader, Nelson Mandela.
Public and Supporters’ Relations Manager, Listowell Yesu Bukarson who revealed this to Kotoko Express on Wednesday also announced that the tournament, which involve English Premiership side, Manchester United and two South African clubs – Sundowns and Amazulu, will be played between July 13 and 24, 2012. Currently, the Porcupine Warriors are on break.
They are expected back to the Adako Jachie training ground on Thursday, June 7, 2012. When they return, the team’s immediate task will be to prepare for the July 1, President’s Cup match against Berekum Chelsea.
The team will leave for South Africa 10 days after the President’s Cup duel at the Ohene Djan Sports Stadium in Accra.
- 2013-12-11 23:12:59 - Meet Kotoko’s four new recruits
- 2013-12-10 20:16:49 - Sammy Kuffour wants media to be circumspect on Kotoko
- 2013-12-10 20:06:38 - NCC draws close to elections
- 2013-12-10 19:58:37 - Prince Baffoe calls for more support at matches
- 2013-12-09 22:00:25 - Adu Gyamfi urges media to respect confidentiality
- 2013-12-09 21:56:42 - Didi applauds players’ tactical response
- 2013-12-09 21:44:59 - Seidu Bancey in top scoring form
- 2013-12-09 21:35:14 - Editorial: Kotoko now in cruise control
- 2013-12-09 21:29:37 - Kotoko register 26 players for Africa
- 2013-12-09 11:34:28 - Board inaugurates Africa Committee