Emmanuel Boamah wins GARCC election
Posted on: Fri May 18, 2012
Former Chairman of Awudome Circle 2, Emmanuel Boamah has been elected the new Chairman of the Greater Accra Regional Circles Council (GARCC), succeeding Edmund Ackah who decided step down after a term in office.
The GARCC election which should have been held on April 30, 2012 was called off at the last minute after the disqualification of Osei Owusu, Emmanuel Boamah’s sole challenger in the contest for the hot seat led to confusing state of affairs at the Council’s meeting ahead of the election.
A decision to declare Boamah as the chairman a week later was also met with stiff opposition as some members still insisted on votes being cast to determine whether or not majority of the members wanted him to lead the GARCC. Emmanuel Boamah subsequently pulled 13 votes with three against when the sole-candidate election came off earlier this week at the Old Timers Spot at Adabraka, Accra.
The new GARCC chairman after a meeting with Jerry Asare on Wednesday evening disclosed to Kotoko Express that the Board Member upon the request of the Council has accepted to be one of their Patrons joining another Board Member, Alhaji Lamin.
- 2013-05-22 17:12:37 - Kotoko rejects ‘Friends of Zambia’
- 2013-05-21 05:42:36 - Hearts, Kotoko oldies play on Sunday
- 2013-05-21 05:38:10 - Reserves team will keep winning – Zito
- 2013-05-21 05:19:31 - Soulama worried over string of draws
- 2013-05-20 08:13:35 - Kotoko-Aduana Stars match report
- 2013-05-20 08:10:38 - Fans fume at bad officiating in Sunyani
- 2013-05-19 13:52:50 - Kotoko drops to second position
- 2013-05-18 06:49:51 - Security at league centres to be reinforced
- 2013-05-18 02:06:23 - Kotoko to shake Sunyani tomorrow
- 2013-05-17 14:38:20 - Sunyani ready to host Kotoko