I did not have a good season – Frank Boateng
Posted on: Tue May 15, 2012
With two games to end the 2011/2012 Glo Premier League, some players have started reviewing their performance in the season. The latest to do that is one of the club’s experienced midfielders, Frank Boateng.
Frank, who played his first match in the second round of the season last Sunday in the Kotoko-Bechem United match, which the Porcupines won 4-3 at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium, told Kotoko Express in an interview that he did not have a good season.
“Personally, I think I did not have a good season. Things did not go the way I wanted. I started playing from the start of the season. Things did not go well later on. That is football; you can’t always get things right” said Frank Boateng who expressed delight with the team’s good show which enabled them to win the league title at the time they had four matches to spare.
“I am happy to be part of the team, winning the league title. It is an achievement we all share. We are proud of what we have done as a team but I wish things had gone much better for me than they turned out to be” said the professional teacher cum footballer.
With his contract with Kotoko due to end later in the year, Frank Boateng told Kotoko Express his future with the club would partly depend on what the club would say when his contract finally ends.
- 2013-12-11 23:12:59 - Meet Kotoko’s four new recruits
- 2013-12-10 20:16:49 - Sammy Kuffour wants media to be circumspect on Kotoko
- 2013-12-10 20:06:38 - NCC draws close to elections
- 2013-12-10 19:58:37 - Prince Baffoe calls for more support at matches
- 2013-12-09 22:00:25 - Adu Gyamfi urges media to respect confidentiality
- 2013-12-09 21:56:42 - Didi applauds players’ tactical response
- 2013-12-09 21:44:59 - Seidu Bancey in top scoring form
- 2013-12-09 21:35:14 - Editorial: Kotoko now in cruise control
- 2013-12-09 21:29:37 - Kotoko register 26 players for Africa
- 2013-12-09 11:34:28 - Board inaugurates Africa Committee