Burkina Faso coach in Kumasi to watch Soulama
Posted on: Mon May 14, 2012
Burkina Faso Coach Paul Pit was spotted at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium last Sunday when Kotoko beat relegation threatened Bechem United 4-3 in the week 28th Glo Premier League match.
Information picked by Kotoko Express after the game indicated that the coach had come to watch trusted goalkeeper, Soulama Abdoulaye, who he has invited for the French country’s trial match this month and two 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying matches.
Soulama Abdoulaye, who has been in consistent form this season, was not in action on Sunday.
However, the experienced goalie was seen with the coach moments after the game alongside Coach Maxwell Konadu, who had a brief chat with his colleague.
Soulama Abdoulaye told Kotoko Express that the French coach was in town partly because of him adding that the coach has been largely impressed with his performance in Ghana.
Soulama Abdoulaye, who tells Kotoko Express that this has been one of his best seasons, is expected to leave for his homeland this week and will return after his national team assignments are over.
- 2013-06-19 01:01:11 - Kotoko-Sunderland relationship deepens
- 2013-06-18 12:48:15 - Youth team to visit Sunderland in August
- 2013-06-18 11:19:54 - Supporters welcome opportunity to select Best Player
- 2013-06-18 11:13:06 - The PLB’s outmoded play-off gimmick
- 2013-06-18 11:09:38 - Godfred Asante upbeat about upcoming fixtures
- 2013-06-18 11:03:59 - Q & A with Amos Frimpong
- 2013-06-18 10:48:47 - Kotoko-Gold Stars match report
- 2013-06-14 14:04:10 - Confident Black Stars to beat Lesotho again
- 2013-06-14 13:46:14 - Aziz eyes first ever medal
- 2013-06-14 13:41:07 - Ben Adama excited by Kotoko stint