Maxwell Konadu allays fears
Posted on: Thu May 03, 2012
After the official announcement of his appointement as the assistant coach of the senior national team, The Black Stars, Coach Maxwell Konadu has told asantekotokosc.com that there was no cause for alarm as he was bent on effectively combinining his national duty call with his contract at Kotoko.
He also says the work at The Black Stars is a fine stage for him to broaden his professional horizon as he seeks to improve himself for the eventual advantage of Kotoko.
"Much as it is an issue of mixed-feelings at this stage, I want us to look at the bigger picture where Kotoko willl be the eventual beneficiary of all the exposure and knowledge I will acquire".
Though many have doubted the ability of him to be able to effectively manage Kotoko whilst working at the national team, Maxwell says he will soon have a meeting with Executive Chairman, Dr. K.K. Sarpong to streamline the way forward.
"Dr. K.K Sarpong has been my support from the very first day he expressed interest in me coming to Kotoko till now. Besides football, he has been mentoring me in many areas of life and so we will have one of our usual meetings where we will look at all the pros and cons of the way forward for me and for Kotoko".
"I am very sure that we will have a ver good leverage where all interests will be properly addressed and respected".
On the national appointment itself, Coach Maxwell says just like the successes he is chalking at Kotoko, he knew they will come, but never imagined that it would be that soon.
"However in life, one can never say never to such a life time opportunity. It is the dream of every coach to handle the senior national team and for this to come my way this soon, I only have to thank God and grab the opportunity with both hands".
"I know that this opportunity is not borne out of sheer appointment, but that it has been the culmination of performance on the field and a burning desire and steps to improve my lot at every given opportunity".
He concluded his chat by asking Kotoko fans not to be sad or anything in that direction because he was not deserting the club. "I remain a Kotoko person having been through the Kotoko mill. I will therefore work hard for Kotoko as always for as long as the schedules of the national team and Kotoko will permit.
- 2013-05-23 09:51:25 - Kotoko disassociate itself from 'Friends of Zambia'
- 2013-05-22 17:12:37 - Kotoko rejects ‘Friends of Zambia’
- 2013-05-21 05:42:36 - Hearts, Kotoko oldies play on Sunday
- 2013-05-21 05:38:10 - Reserves team will keep winning – Zito
- 2013-05-21 05:19:31 - Soulama worried over string of draws
- 2013-05-20 08:13:35 - Kotoko-Aduana Stars match report
- 2013-05-20 08:10:38 - Fans fume at bad officiating in Sunyani
- 2013-05-19 13:52:50 - Kotoko drops to second position
- 2013-05-18 06:49:51 - Security at league centres to be reinforced
- 2013-05-18 02:06:23 - Kotoko to shake Sunyani tomorrow