Baba Rahman to undergo medical scans
Posted on: Tue Apr 17, 2012
Team doctor Kwaku Boateng Arthur has recommended to the head coach and management that young and intelligent defender, Abdul Baba Rahman be medically examined before the next match.
Dr. Boateng says he took that decision to make the player undergo the scans to ensure that the player was fully fit and with no injuries after he received a career threatening stamping from Laryea Kingson.
“At first I was not so worried with the injury because after receiving attention on the pitch, Rahman went back to play the match to the end. However after watching a replay of the match, I can only have my heart at ease when X’rays and scans have been conducted on the player and there is nothing wrong with him”.
Though the decision by Laryea Kingson to be a bad influence on the young player was punished with a red card, Dr. Boateng says it is important that the PLB and the GFA begin to take decisions that allow them to use video reviews to punish offenders such as what Laryea did.
“Watching the playback, Rahman is lucky not to have been stretched off and taken to a hospital”.
“Laryea’s attack on Rahman was unnecessary and unsporting,” he added.
- 2013-12-13 00:54:44 - Opoku Nti was given 3-month mandate
- 2013-12-12 23:25:24 - Money zone is Kotoko’s initial target
- 2013-12-12 23:21:00 - Issah Yakubu rallies for good finish
- 2013-12-12 23:11:38 - Save Adako Jachie Projects from destruction
- 2013-12-12 23:05:38 - Mpong reckons Dwarfs won’t be pushovers
- 2013-12-12 22:51:09 - Editorial: No favours for Dwarfs
- 2013-12-11 23:12:59 - Meet Kotoko’s four new recruits
- 2013-12-10 20:16:49 - Sammy Kuffour wants media to be circumspect on Kotoko
- 2013-12-10 20:06:38 - NCC draws close to elections
- 2013-12-10 19:58:37 - Prince Baffoe calls for more support at matches