I am a record breaker- Maxwell Konadu
Posted on: Mon Apr 16, 2012
Head coach Maxwell Konadu has told Kotoko Express that he is happy that his work at Kotoko is yielding good results.
“I stated from day one that Kotoko has the best materials in the country and what was left was for their psyche to be toughened for every battle and that is exactly what we did”.
“Though it is not a good experience to be conceding goals, it is worth noting that we have showed in no uncertain terms in our last three matches that we have the character to turn the results of every match into our favour”.
Kotoko christened the match as “NO pressure match” and that was evidence in the match as Kotoko played the match as though there was nothing at stake.
“I told my players before the match that much as we had to win, there was the need to take the pressure off the team and this was what we did the whole of last week as we prepared for the match”.
“They went into the match with the instruction to go and enjoy themselves”.
“It was part of the reasons to take pressure off the players that we decided not to go into the normal camping for such matches. We felt it was unnecessary on that occasion and so we asked them to stay at home and be with their families whilst at the same time keeping their form”.
“We did not only beat Hearts but also made sure that we won the head-to-head contest as well”. So far it is only New Edubease who have a better head-to-head against us. All the others are behind us”.
“As for the fans I believe I need to take my time to find the right word to describe how wonderful they are. We appealed to them to come to the stadium in their numbers and they responded. We thank them and also appreciate their support,” was Maxwell.
Pushed to describe himself after achieving the feat that has seen the breaking of a six year jinx, Maxwell said he could best describe himself as a “record breaker”.
- 2013-12-08 01:34:58 - Ghana face USA in first match at Brazil 2014
- 2013-12-06 22:45:45 - Opinion: Kotoko’s enemy is within
- 2013-12-06 22:39:04 - Kotoko to end Medeama’s unbeaten away run
- 2013-12-06 22:26:43 - Editorial: Let’s fill Baba Yara Stadium to capacity
- 2013-12-06 22:22:04 - Akuffu motivated to work hard
- 2013-12-05 01:30:00 - Kotoko up for Medeama, Dwarfs’ tests
- 2013-12-04 05:58:06 - Opoku Nti’s mandate runs out today
- 2013-12-04 04:17:54 - I’m still building my confidence – Joseph Addo
- 2013-12-04 04:11:06 - Yahaya Mohammed accepts supporters’ challenge
- 2013-12-03 13:44:30 - Baffoe links Amidaus win to good preparation