My keepers are ready for a showdown- Joe Baah
Posted on: Sat Apr 14, 2012
Having carefully taken his charges through various training regimes and also assessed their form vice-a-vice their match readiness, goalkeepers’ trainer, Joe Baah, has told Kotoko Express that his players are ready for a grand showdown on Sunday.
Speaking in a brief chat with this paper, the former national goalie and trainer was full of confidence that his players were in a good mood and that Sunday will see the best out of his players.
He admits that matches between the two top most clubs in Ghana come with their own high expectations and demands but was very optimistic that with the state of mind of the players in Kotoko, nothing can come between them and their determination for success.
“Kotoko is in a class of her own now, we have a group of players whose whole mentality and focus is to cruise through the league to a successful end where the league trophy will be handed to us”.
“They have a tougher mentality and are willing to learn by training hard to win all matches including Kotoko-Hearts matches”.
“I have been observing my players since we began preparation for Sunday’s match and I can say with contentment that we are ready”.
Kotoko in the last two matches has conceded early goals and strangely or coincidentally, they all occurred in the first five minutes of those matches. This issue is of concern to fans and this Joe Baah has some answers for.
“I am not a superstitious being so I will not buy into what people have been saying about those goals. However, having been in the profession for a long time, these things are normal and usually occur”.
“That not withstanding, I wish to assure fans that we have taken note of it and have been working towards ending that. All shall be well for the team when we walk unto the field on Sunday”.
Not fond of making predictions, Joe Baah says he will not dare but is full of confidence that the players have shown by their preparation that they are ready to win for themselves and for the Kotoko family.
“All these plans can best be achieved when fans come to the stadium in their numbers to fill all seating spaces to cheer them on,” he added.
- 2013-12-10 20:16:49 - Sammy Kuffour wants media to be circumspect on Kotoko
- 2013-12-10 20:06:38 - NCC draws close to elections
- 2013-12-10 19:58:37 - Prince Baffoe calls for more support at matches
- 2013-12-09 22:00:25 - Adu Gyamfi urges media to respect confidentiality
- 2013-12-09 21:56:42 - Didi applauds players’ tactical response
- 2013-12-09 21:44:59 - Seidu Bancey in top scoring form
- 2013-12-09 21:35:14 - Editorial: Kotoko now in cruise control
- 2013-12-09 21:29:37 - Kotoko register 26 players for Africa
- 2013-12-09 11:34:28 - Board inaugurates Africa Committee
- 2013-12-08 23:59:59 - Match Report: How Kotoko reduced Medeama to nothing