Goalkeeper, Ernest Sowah is back.
Ernest Sowah in excellent recovery
Posted on: Fri Apr 21, 2017 - Report by Gideon Boakye Botwe
Goalkeeper, Ernest Sowah, who was ruled out of the remaining matches of first round of the league, could return to action before the curtains are drawn on the league’s first round as he has recovered from his ankle injury.
Team Medics say he’s now available for selection. He could be fielded in the Round of 64, FA Cup match against Bekwai Youth Academy on Sunday.
"He is now good to play" said Gabriel Ofori Adjei – member of the Medical Team. "We said in the beginning that, he could have a quick recovery. He has had just that. He’s now fully fit. We’ve assessed him repeatedly and can attest to that".
Sowah, aggravated an ankle injury before the match day 8 clash against Hearts in Accra last month. The Medical Team, after assessing him, said he would be out of the first round of the 2016/17 Premier League. They however left a room for a quick comeback.
Late Thursday, hours after training, the medics disclosed that their assessment revealed that, he’s made an excellent recovery. The goalie has been active at training; occasionally involved in insurance training – activities aimed at detecting the levels of the recovery and intensifying it.
He has passed the assessment with distinction and has since been involved in team activities. This news comes at a good time particularly after reports that number one goalie, Felix Annan is down with a shoulder injury.
- 2017-04-30 09:30:43 - Kotoko pitch camp in Accra for one week
- 2017-04-30 05:43:56 - Questions & Answers with Frimpong Manso
- 2017-04-30 05:40:54 - Win less run in league saddens players
- 2017-04-30 05:35:06 - Win over Hearts will revive team spirit
- 2017-04-30 05:29:46 - Porcupines 5th after third home draw
- 2017-04-30 05:22:00 - Hearts, Kotoko in holiday thriller
- 2017-04-26 17:58:55 - Kotoko draw 1-1 with Aduana Stars
- 2017-04-26 06:26:33 - Manso expects fierce Aduana clash
- 2017-04-26 06:21:41 - Our woes are over – Isaac Amoako declares
- 2017-04-26 06:17:41 - Report: Bekwai win marks turning point