Emmanuel Gyamfi has no injury worries.
No injury fears for players after checks
Posted on: Sat Apr 15, 2017 - Report by Gideon Boakye Botchway
Kotoko’s medics are keeping watch on the health conditions of defenders – Amos Frimpong, Ahmed Adams, and winger, Emanuel Gyamfi even after their medical assessment this week showed no serious threat of injury. The medics say they however want to ascertain the full fitness of thee three players ahead of Sunday’s away match against Wa All Stars.
Amos Frimpong and Ahmed Adams both picked ankle injuries. Emmanuel Gyamfi however suffered a muscle pull – all in the team’s last match against Ebusua Dwarfs. Amos and the influential Ahmed Adams couldn’t complete the game which ended goalless.
Their place was taken Kwame Boateng and Osei Agyeman respectively. Emmanuel Gyamfi on other hand lasted the entire duration of the match since the team had then exhausted its substitution. Adams and Gyamfi went for medical check-ups on Monday after which a member of the Medical Team, Gabriel Ofori Adjei disclosed that there nothing serious.
The trio therefore had full training session on Tuesday. They were expected to do the same thing at other sessions in the week. Gabriel was happy with the level of strength exhibited by Adams and Gyamfi. “I’m impressed with the level of strength shown by Adams and Gyamfi. We didn’t detect anything so serious during their assessment” he said.
“That’s why we allowed them to train” added the medic. “They did a lot of endurance exercises with the rest of the squad. They neither showed any signs of pain at the affected areas nor did they complain of any. We are still monitoring their progress” he stated.
“Amos’ injury doesn’t look serious too. Just a few days’ rest and he will be fine” he said. Also in Tuesday’s session was goalie, Ernest Sowah, who the medics say may not play any part in the remaining four matches of the first round due to an aggravated knee injury.
“We are monitoring Sowah too. We have already said that, he may have to sit out for the rest of the first round but he could also return earlier than scheduled if he shows good strength. He will be taking part in training. We will be monitoring his progress” he ended.
- 2017-04-30 09:30:43 - Kotoko pitch camp in Accra for one week
- 2017-04-30 05:43:56 - Questions & Answers with Frimpong Manso
- 2017-04-30 05:40:54 - Win less run in league saddens players
- 2017-04-30 05:35:06 - Win over Hearts will revive team spirit
- 2017-04-30 05:29:46 - Porcupines 5th after third home draw
- 2017-04-30 05:22:00 - Hearts, Kotoko in holiday thriller
- 2017-04-26 17:58:55 - Kotoko draw 1-1 with Aduana Stars
- 2017-04-26 06:26:33 - Manso expects fierce Aduana clash
- 2017-04-26 06:21:41 - Our woes are over – Isaac Amoako declares
- 2017-04-26 06:17:41 - Report: Bekwai win marks turning point