The team will leave on January 22, 2017.
Porcupines leave for Libya on January 22
Posted on: Tue Jan 10, 2017 - Report by Jerome Otchere
A Kotoko contingent of players, technical team and Management members are expected to leave Accra on Sunday, January 22, 2017 to honour a friendly match against Al Ahli-Tripoli of Libya on the occasion of the Libyan side’s triumph in their League and Cup competitions.
The Porcupines will be away for three days. A letter from the Libyan side, addressed to Executive Chairman, Dr. Kwame Kyei indicated that, the host would bear the cost of Kotoko’s transportation and accommodation. The match would be on January 24 and the team would depart the North African country on January 25.
Operations Manager, Ernest Owusu Ansah who disclosed this to Kotoko Express in an interview on Sunday, said, Management accepted the invitation as it fits well into the team’s preparatory plans for the 2016/17 season. Kotoko have had their pre-season programme steadily on course with low profile matches being play at this stage.
Kotoko Express understands that, by the time of the Libya trip, the intensity of work in the team’s training schedule would be good enough for high profile friendly matches. Again, the match would give new coach, Zdravko Lugarusic an excellent opportunity to assess his players in such a game which certainly would bring the best out of the team.
Last season, Kotoko were in Libya to play the same side during the pre-season period. While they drew their first game, they lost the second game. It is the expectation of many that, the Porcupines would give their well-built Libyan counterpart a good run for their money this time.
- 2017-01-23 09:29:08 - Michael Osei re-assigned to Youth Team
- 2017-01-22 12:17:30 - 7 players to suffer pay-cuts for lateness
- 2017-01-20 05:17:33 - Porcupines host King Faisal on Sunday
- 2017-01-20 05:04:50 - Management cancels trip to Libya
- 2017-01-19 23:21:14 - Amos Frimpong marries on Saturday
- 2017-01-17 23:01:57 - Players' medicals give us baseline information
- 2017-01-16 23:41:21 - Jackson Owusu’s recovery story
- 2017-01-16 23:35:56 - Three new players for medicals at KATH
- 2017-01-13 08:25:38 - Baba Mahama undergoes medicals
- 2017-01-10 10:47:01 - Porcupines leave for Libya on January 22