Captain Amos Frimpong - Out for two weeks.
Amos out for two weeks, Obed four weeks
Posted on: Tue Feb 14, 2017 - Report by Gideon Boakye Botchway
Amos Frimpong and Obed Owusu have been ruled out of action for the next two and four weeks respectively. This follows their injuries in Sunday's 2016/17 Premier League opener against Liberty Professionals at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium.
The captain will thus miss the trip to Berekum Chelsea and the home tie with Bechem United on match day three. Obed Owusu on the other hand will be on the sidelines for up to a month.
This was confirmed by the Medical Team and the club’s communications desk on Tuesday. The two players both started the Liberty Professionals match but were substituted in the 24th and 28th minutes respectively due to the injuries.
Amos Frimpong broke his finger whilst Obed Owusu aggravated a thigh injury he sustained in the last preseason friendly against Natcoster FC.
"Amos Frimpong will be out for two weeks" Head of Communications, Obed Acheampong said.
"He will be good to play after the two weeks. Obed will be out between three to four weeks", he continued. "He will rest for may be two weeks and start light training afterwards".
- 2017-03-20 06:07:44 - Coach Zdravko in Croatia for eight days
- 2017-03-20 04:40:52 - Referee Sukah marred beautiful Super Clash
- 2017-03-18 23:15:03 - Editor’s take: Give us the best in Super Clash
- 2017-03-18 23:06:44 - WAFA down, Hearts of Oak next
- 2017-03-18 23:02:29 - Hopeful Super Clash debutants speak
- 2017-03-18 22:59:10 - Amos assesses Kotoko chances in Super Clash
- 2017-03-18 22:53:27 - Godwin Ablordey calls for more seriousness
- 2017-03-18 22:48:44 - Porcupines to thrill fans in Super Clash
- 2017-03-16 02:18:32 - Management grateful to Supporters
- 2017-03-15 11:07:55 - Report: Kotoko wave WAFA off in midweek