Tuffour, Atta Kusi and Osei Agyeman.
Three players suffer salary cuts
Posted on: Mon Jan 02, 2017 - Report by Gideon Boakye Botwe
The search for total discipline and prevention of avoidable injuries especially in matches not authorised by the club has intensified as Interim Head Coach, Michael Osei has fined three players for indulging in those community matches otherwise known as ‘Sunday Special’.
The three, Richard Osei Agyeman, Edwin Tuffour and Atta Kusi will forfeit part of their January salaries for their disobedience. Atta Kusi and Edwin Tuffour were given a little respite as they would lose GH100 each but Richard Osei Agyeman will lose half of his salary.
The club already has a rule that bar players from playing in such matches. However, the trio defied the rule and participated in different matches organised at some Kumasi suburbs during the Christmas break.
Michael Osei got wind of it and phoned the players involved warning them to stay away. The trio promised not to return to those matches but Osei Agyeman didn’t honour his promise as he went back to play in a New Year match organised at a suburb near the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
The team resumed training after the yuletide break on Monday and Michael Osei had a stern warning for the players as he announced the punishment for the trio. "I heard they were playing community games against the rule banning those matches. I called and warned them personally and they promised they won't do that again".
"I also spoke to Agyeman and warned him but I heard he played one of those games near KNUST yesterday. For his punishment, he will lose half of his January salary. Atta Kusi and Tuffour would also lose GH100 each".
"This is to ensure discipline. The playing surface at where you play these games are not good and you can easily get injured. I keep telling you that you have gone beyond the level of such games” he said warning that, the club wouldn’t treat offending players lightly.
- 2017-04-30 09:30:43 - Kotoko pitch camp in Accra for one week
- 2017-04-30 05:43:56 - Questions & Answers with Frimpong Manso
- 2017-04-30 05:40:54 - Win less run in league saddens players
- 2017-04-30 05:35:06 - Win over Hearts will revive team spirit
- 2017-04-30 05:29:46 - Porcupines 5th after third home draw
- 2017-04-30 05:22:00 - Hearts, Kotoko in holiday thriller
- 2017-04-26 17:58:55 - Kotoko draw 1-1 with Aduana Stars
- 2017-04-26 06:26:33 - Manso expects fierce Aduana clash
- 2017-04-26 06:21:41 - Our woes are over – Isaac Amoako declares
- 2017-04-26 06:17:41 - Report: Bekwai win marks turning point